Labor Code Section 1193.5

Compiled June, 2011

Our review of the annotated history reveals the following legislative history (every “c.” below represents a separate legislative bill):

Added: 1961, c. 408
•  1965, c. 254 to add the second paragraph
•  1968, c. 1343 to amend the second sentence by substituting “deposited into the Special Deposit Fund in” for “paid into” and by deleting “and credited to the General Fund” after “Treasury”
•  1972, c. 1122 to substitute “of all employees, and the” for the comma after “wages” in subdivision (a); to add “owing to any employee” after “minimum wages” in subdivision (b); and to substitute “employee” for “woman or minor” after “collection to the” I the second paragraph.
•  1973, c. 1007 to substitute “all employees” for “women and minors” in subdivision (a); to amed the first sentence of subdivision (b) by deleting “owing to any employee” after “wages”; and to substitute “employee” for “woman or minor” before “under the provisions.”
•  1980, c. 1083 to substitute “Industrial Relations Unpaid Wage Fund” for “Special Deposit Fund” in the last paragraph

Six bills affected this section.                          

Tracing Statutory Language:

  • Research fees can be minimized by ordering only the bills that affected specific subdivisions or phrases of interest to you.
  • Changes to statutes can sometimes be determined by the annotations provided by Deering’s, Westlaw, and Lexis.
  • If annotations are not available, one strategy is to look at each chaptered law noted above to observe the changes. Another strategy is to retain us to trace your language and report our findings back to you.

Since 1974, Legislative Intent Service, Inc. has provided the legislative and regulatory history for all state statutes and regulations. You can order legislative history research in two different ways:

  1. Traditional Custom Research for a per-bill fixed research fee, based on time-frame.
  2. Store Research for $300 per bill, available for immediate download here.

We appreciate the opportunity to provide this assistance. Contact us if you have any questions or wish to place an order for custom research or tracing.